Friday, March 8, 2024

Alone

I'm here. Was gonna call but I know you'd want news of how well it all is. I'd have to have an orchestrated story up my sleeve and tonight I just don't feel like it. Your sarcastic annoyed huff last time I slowly began to confide in you. Then you asked me many questions after that first sarcastic sigh & as I slowly began to answer, I heard a quiet second sarcastic sigh so quickly reversed the topic back to you. That will get you back offtrack. At least then you can tell me your turmoil and I can take on my role of the listening, supportive friend again. Not such a bad thing really but tonight I was in no mood for it. 

I'm here now with my drink. People chattering me blocking them out. Bartender keeps chiming in with that smile. Don't worry you'll get your tip even if you stop asking me if I'm still doing alright.

2 comments:

  1. this is a powerful piece of writing, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you for taking the time to read this & for your compliment! 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Alone

I'm here. Was gonna call but I know you'd want news of how well it all is. I'd have to have an orchestrated story up my sleeve a...